Pencil Peeps! - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy Friday!
It's time for a new release at Sami Stamps and just in time for school to start, we have Pencil Peeps!  These guys are adorable, you don't want to miss them :)

We also have a few new ladies on the team!  Meet Rae Ann and Tracey!  Stop by their blogs and show them some love! 

Since I'm still working through my crafty rut (see THIS post for more on that), I struggled a bit to get something put together that really made these sweet images shine.  The first few ideas I had failed miserably...but I was determined to push through.
I'm working with Mrs. Apple Peep today for my card.  She's just so fancy!  She deserves a ton of sparkle!  But who knew working with glitter was a pain in the behind....

I've watched so many other videos of people using glitter and cleaning it up with a swifer cloth like it was not big deal...not me!  I still had glitter all over after "clean up"...hands, face, floor...legs...yeah I was totally covered!  So I had to rethink the whole sparkle idea.

Fortunately, I have this awesome glitter washi tape from Best Creation in my stash!  I tested it out a little bit to see what I could do with it, and turns out it takes marker really well!  So I pulled out a burgundy color that I'd also use on the apple so the color was consistent throughout the whole card, along with a light grey to give me a silverish color glitter.  Colored up several stripes and then cut it into varying widths.

All of those cut stripes of glitter tape were then affixed to a piece of vellum.  The cool thing about washi tape is that it's low tack, so you can put it onto cardstock to make cutting it apart much easier.  Then just peel it off the cardstock and put it on your card front!  Worked like a charm!

Once the background was done, I colored in my image with my ShinHan markers, layered it onto a scallop cut piece of vellum so that the background wasn't covered up, but the image something to keep it separate.  Added a sentiment, and some sequins to finish it all off!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: