Hello Lovely - New Sami Stamps Release!!!

Hello and Happy Friday!
Time for a super adorable new Sami Stamps release!!
Our release today is all about April the Giraffe!!!  These images are just the cutest!! Sami always gets it right!
For my card, I have used the Shy Flower Giraffe image.  I started by coloring the whole image with my markers to get a nice base color.  Then came back in with my pencils and added all the shading and details.  I love this combo of coloring mediums.  I have terrible control with my markers, but pencils work great...getting a nice even blend on larger areas can be challenging with the pencils though.  So having that solid base layer with the markers makes the blending out easier since the whole image is already colored.

Our new challenge for this month is to Emboss.  So I used a stencil and some embossing paste for my background.  I tried to be really loose and messy with it so that the edges were kind of rough and uneven...but I'm too clean and neat for that and it didn't totally turn out how I imagined.  But I still love it.  The soft texture is just enough detail to make the white on white background pop.

I finished off the card very simply with a couple sentiments from HoneyBee Stamps.  The Hello was black embossed onto vellum and trimmed out so that the Lovely flag could be tucked behind it.

I added a black glitter strip and a pinkish/red patterned paper under the sentiments and then a few black enamel dots for fun.

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to see this fun release and all the DT's great projects!  Then join in our Embossing challenge!  Just be sure to use a Sami Stamps image!!

Thanks for visiting! <3
 

0 Fabulous Comments: