Sunny Smiles

Hello and Happy Monday!
Just swinging in to share a little reminder about our current Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook!  You have until Friday to create something Tropical using your NND stamps!
I couldn't wait to get my hands on the latest NND release!  That stencil! ~swoon~
For my card, I started with a different layout in mind, which is why I created a background with Distress Oxide inks, putting blue in the middle and yellow on the edges.  But as I was assembling everything together, I didn't like covering up all that gorgeous blue!  So I put the image to the side instead.

But back to that background!  I started by blending on some Distress Oxide inks for a great tropical combo.  Then took the Tropical Leaves Stencil and added Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans to get a 2 tone pattern.  I was hoping the ink would stay wet long enough for me to add some embossing powder, but some it dried by the time I finished.  So I placed my stencil back over the design and used a mini blending tool to add some Versamark.

Once the Versamark was added, I covered the leaves with a sticky embossing powder.  You want to heat that just to melted, not any longer or it won't be sticky anymore.  Then I coated the whole thing in some clear rock glitter!!  I used my finger to rub the glitter into the sticky embossing powder really well and then I always go back over everything with my heat gun just to be sure it's all set.  Now the background is bright, colorful, and sparkly!!

I colored up an image from Aloha Newton with my pencils, fussy cut her out and layered her onto a little beach scene oval.  Paired her with a fun sentiment from MFT Stamps and that was it!

I hope you will join us this week before the challenge ends!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: