Toucan Hello!

Hi Hi!!  Happy Monday!!
We have a fabulous new challenge for you starting today at Inky Paws!!  It's an awesome new sketch!  I love working with sketches...they help to jump start the creativity.  So I hope to see lots of your creations using this fun sketch!
For my card, I started by stamping some stripes across the background with a really light grey ink and then trimmed that panel out with a stitched rectangle.

On a black die cut rectangle, I used the new Tropical Leaves Stencil and inked it up with some Distress Oxide inks.  Oxide's work great on black paper because they have a pigment property, so they sit on top of the paper and hold their color better.  While the stencil was still in place, I misted it with some shimmer mist so that the leaves have a bit of sparkle to them.

While the leaves dried, I stamped and colored up my images from the Toucan Party stamp set.  I loves these sweet toucans cuddled up next to each other!  Their so adorable!!  I fussy cut them out along with a few extra leaves and layered them onto a circle die cut that I had added a few really soft blended clouds to.

I flagged both ends of my little banner strip and stamped a simple Hi sentiment on each end, then layered that behind my images and placed that onto my leaf panel.

I hope you'll join us for this challenge!  Just remember to use some Newton's Nook products on your projects!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Emily! I'll have to try the oxide inks on black cardstock, it really looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I just love how you used that stencil in the background! Gorgeous!
    Thank you for the Inky Paws challenge inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete