Inky Paws Challenge #62 - Watercolored Background

Hey!  Happy Monday!
One more week till Christmas!!  AHAHHAH!!!  Is everyone ready?  I'm pretty sure we are!  Matthew has been playing every Christmas movie known to man lately...he is always so excited about Christmas.   Makes me smile :)

So, it's time to start a new challenge this week at Newton's Inky Paws!  We have a gorgeous color scheme for you to use!  I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to make with these colors.  They are completely different than anything I ever use so I struggled a little bit.  And then lost track of time, got confused on what day it was, and ended up forgetting to get a card put together in the first place.  But I think ultimately that worked out.  It put me under pressure and I managed to whip something up that I am absolutely in love with!
For this card, I decided to do some simple dry brush washes across the background of my card with the challenge colors.  This card was really inspired by a recent card from Laura Bassen where she used alcohol markers to create a similar background and then white heat embossed flowers and leaves on vellum for the focal point.  It was such a gorgeous card, I really wanted to recreate it and these colors gave me that perfect opportunity.

So I pulled out my Daniel Smith dot chart and used (from top to bottom) Carbazole Violet, Verona Gold, Green Gold, and Ultramarine Turquoise.  Gorgeous colors and I think they work really well together!

I splattered that with some shimmer in clear and white and then set that aside to dry.  I pulled out my Shades of Autumn stamp set and white heat embossed one of the leaf branches onto some vellum several times.  Then cut them out and arranged them on my dry background so that they created a focal point in the center for my sentiment.  I white heat embossed that onto black, since I think having that dark contrast works great for simple colorful cards like this. 

The finishing touch was just a few clear confetti sequins scattered around the card!  Love this card so much!!

I hope you'll join us for this gorgeous color challenge!
Image may contain: text
Just remember to use a Newton's Nook product!  You have 3 weeks to enter this card since we're extending it over Christmas!  Plenty of time!!  Have fun!

Thanks for visiting! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: